Attorney in the Del.

Reporting on life in Wilmington, Delaware, a small city in a small state. (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all photos on this blog are Copyright 2006, Michael Collins, and cannot be used without permission.)

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Something Worth Praying About

My wife is currently involved in a campaign to fight a bill in the Delaware legislature whose passage could result in the deaths of thousands of innocent lives. Please read the message below and get praying!

I know you're not all Delawareans, but we could use some of your prayers anyway.

On January 12th, the Delaware State House of Representatives will take a vote on whether or not to allow embryonic stem cell research. It's a really hot issue out here right now. My boss is very involved in pro-life activities and has in fact created a campaign with some other DE pro-lifers to stop this horrible bill from being passed. It is a campaign to get 8 straight days of continuous prayer between the House hearing and the House vote to stop the bill.

It's called "A Rose and A Prayer." You can go to the website (www.aroseandaprayer.org) and sign up for an hour of your convenience to pray. There is also a link where you can send a rose to a legislator[.] [I]f you could sign up for an hour to pray I'd really appreciate it! We will need all the help we can get!

I know this doesn't necessarily affect all of you in your state, but I know that you care about embryos being saved everywhere! Let me know if you have any questions and thanks in advance for your prayers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home