Attorney in the Del.

Reporting on life in Wilmington, Delaware, a small city in a small state. (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all photos on this blog are Copyright 2006, Michael Collins, and cannot be used without permission.)

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

No Citgo

Doesn't look like I'll be buying gas from Citgo any time soon.

Consider how his government takes advantage of Venezuela's oil wealth. When an American driver fills up at the local Citgo station, those gas dollars go from American wallets into [Venezuelan President Hugo] Chavez's governing pockets -- after all, his government controls Citgo. From Venezuelan coffers, the money goes to fund leftist narco-insurgencies in Colombia, Ecuador, and other Latin American countries -- insurgencies the U.S. soldiers and U.S. taxpayers have expended great resources to tamp down.

And their gas is usually cheapest. Perfect.

I guess the alternative is generally Saudi oil or petrol from some other seedy country. Glad I walk to work.

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

I'm a nondriving asexual celibate. Great lifestyle. I avoid high gas prices and sexually-transmitted diseases!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home