Attorney in the Del.

Reporting on life in Wilmington, Delaware, a small city in a small state. (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all photos on this blog are Copyright 2006, Michael Collins, and cannot be used without permission.)

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Redskins vs. Colts: Sideline View

My wife (Colts fan) and I (Redskins fan) attended the Colts/Redskins game in Indianapolis on Sunday. Bragging rights, and maybe the future NFL allegiance of the Little Apprentice, were riding on this game.

Our tickets' quality eclipsed any others I have had in the dozens of sporting events I have attended in my lifetime, bar none. From our nearly perfect vantage point (just off midfield by a yard or two), my wife cheered her Colts to yet another win. I, on the other hand, brooded over the futility of attending Redskins road games. Maybe I'm a sucker for punishment. But I'd prefer a close loss to a complete embarassment. I had a taste of both the former (1st half) and the latter (2nd half) Sunday. Unfortunately, from moments into the second half to its conclusion, embarassment overtook respectability.

Having a near perfect view of the playing field, I feel well positioned to answer the following burning questions:

Q: How do you stop these guys (Manning, Addai, Harrison, Wayne)?

A: You don't. You only hope to contain them. Good luck with that.















Q: Which one of these two back-up QBs for the Skins should not be holding a clipboard on the sideline?

A: Take your pick. That bald guy with the towel would probably be an improvement over Mark Brunell.














Q: What is this NFL Hall of Fame coach thinking?

A: "With my team so far behind in the standings, what changes should I make to get them in the race before it's too late to bring them back to championship form?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home