Attorney in the Del.

Reporting on life in Wilmington, Delaware, a small city in a small state. (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all photos on this blog are Copyright 2006, Michael Collins, and cannot be used without permission.)

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Camelback


My atrophied, old office legs conquered Camelback Mountain yesterday. It's amazing what age and an office job can do a person's physical shape. Starting with my usual hiking pace, I only lasted about 15 minutes before I had to take my first rest. It doesn't help that Camelback is almost entirely a vertical hike, with few flat areas to regain strength. After about an hour and a half, I made it to the summit. During that time, I was passed by several women and old men who didn't seem to need even a moment to catch their breath as they navigated the red boulders impeding their path to the top.

According to my GPS, the summit stands at 2688 ft. and from this point, one has a panoramic, 360 degree view of Phoenix. If you don't have time to see all the sites, hit Camelback and take them all in while rotating in place.

Today we are headed to Sedona. More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home