Attorney in the Del.

Reporting on life in Wilmington, Delaware, a small city in a small state. (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all photos on this blog are Copyright 2006, Michael Collins, and cannot be used without permission.)

Monday, February 20, 2006

Remote Blogging


I feel like a real blogger now. This is my first post from the road: Phoenix, AZ. We are staying at a relative's house for the duration of what promises to be a warm, sunny week. I brought along my laptop and a wireless receiver to see if I could accomplish a little remote reporting if time and circumstance permitted. Luckily, I am within range of some poor soul's WiFi transmitter and have caught a slight signal. Pretty cool.

AZ, as you might expect, is a warm refuge from the cold blast that has hit most of the country the last few days. Even here, the temps are in the chilly upper 60's. A cousin of my wife's complained today that it was too cold...but she was still walking around in shorts and shortsleeves. Contrast that to Chicago where we spent our layover yesterday. When we arrived at the airport, the temps had yet to hit double digits for the day. As we disembarked, each breath we exhaled on the jetway was quite noticeable.

Today was a low key day. We toured the incredible Phoenix St. Vincent De Paul Society operation run by the family we are staying with. The charitable operation feeds, clothes, nurtures, and counsels thousands of poor Arizonans every single day. Great stuff.

Tomorrow I am going to hike up nearby Camelback Mountain, and if I'm lucky, post a picture or two later. Stick around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home