Attorney in the Del.

Reporting on life in Wilmington, Delaware, a small city in a small state. (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all photos on this blog are Copyright 2006, Michael Collins, and cannot be used without permission.)

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Gone Fishin'

This afternoon I will head to the Big Elk Creek in Elkton, MD to do a little fishing with my dad. Hopefully, I will have a fish tale or two to tell when I return.

Last night, I stopped in North East, MD to get some seafood at the always excellent Woody's Crab House. Nothing like letting off a little steam after a stressful week at work by putting mallot to crab claw. The office is definitely an artificial human construct, and hours of our lives are spent wasting away within its walls. Smashing crab claws, on the other hand, is the closest I can get these days to getting back to my caveman roots. There is something primeval about cracking into a steamed crustacean and picking out the meat with one's fingers. Love it.

It's great to be back on the East Coast for that reason alone. I sure missed a good crab bake while in Chicago!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home